Women’s fashion is all about keeping up with the latest trends and keeping your look fresh, but it also about picking and choosing the pieces that are right for you. These are the pieces that suit your body shape, colouring and life style.
Whilst it is great to look fashionable, looking stylish is just as important and probably more so. You will always notice when a stylish women walks into the room whether she is wearing stylish clothes or not. Here are our top ten tips for womens fashion that are also amazingly stylish as well as feeling great to wear.
- Identify your body shape and the key pieces of clothing that compliment your body shape. Once you know this, only buy clothes to flatter.
- Use accessories to update your look each season and build up a collection of interesting accessories that can be used to create many different outfits from just a few basics.
- Pay attention to your underwear, it is the foundation of any outfit. The right underwear can be slimming, make your bust look bigger or smaller, create a smooth silhouette and flatten a stomach.
- Identify which colours look best on you and which do not. Once you know what these colours are you can ensure that you always glow and avoid those colours that make you look drained.
- Try something new once in a while. If you don’t usually wear scarves but see a beautiful silk scarf that you love why not get it. Life can get quite boring if you always wear the same clothes and they do say that variety is the spice of life.
- Base your wardrobe around clothes that suit your lifestyle. If you spend the majority of your time at work, you should concentrate on building a wardrobe of mainly suits or women’s trousers and tops with a just a few gorgeous evening tops for nights out.
- Invest in a versatile quality handbag. A great hand bag really makes an outfit. By choosing one that will last and go with almost everything, you can easily justify spending a little more.
- Use your outfits to show a bit of your personality and develop your own unique style. If you are outgoing opt for bright and bold colours and patterns.
- Invest in a few key items that are suitable for all sorts of occasions including a well fitting pair of womens trousers, a great tailored jacket and a crisp white shirt.
- Don’t forget that womens fashion should be fun. Getting dressed in the morning should not be a chore, it should be a great opportunity to show people who you are through your clothing.
If you follow these tips you will not only find it easier to find clothes to wear and to buy clothes, you will also feel more confident and comfortable in the clothes that you wear. You can use your clothes as a way of not only looking great but also projecting the image that you would like people to see when they look at you. You can choose to follow fashions or go for a classic or completely individual look but you will always look stylish.
Pants are the second-most important piece of clothing women should be critical in choosing. Oftentimes, we focus more on the label than how it’s going to look with our closet space of top wear. Pants, just like any other piece of clothing, should embody not only our craving for fashion, but our sense of utility for it as well.
Pants should always adore our body shape. We shouldn’t force a sexy pair of denims if they won’t fit our waistline. Women with large thighs, hips and butts, and usually small waistlines to match should avoid wearing tight-fitting jeans. But if you still persist on wearing jeans, allow an inch of fabric for that extra amount of “stretch”, allowing you to walk or run with ease. Also, consider wearing darker denim colors, because stone-washed jeans will never compliment those hips. It’s also your option to go for stylized jeans like ‘flare’ (recommended for taller women) or ‘slim fit/skinny’ (recommended for petite/average size women).
For women with big thighs or hips, the basic rules to remember are:
• Pick pants with higher waistlines.
• Avoid pants that are too tight or too flare-y at the bottom.
• Avoid overly embroidered pants.
• You can experiment with pant colors. But for denims, light-colored is a no-no.
For women with a thinner figure:
• Cropped pants are okay, but make sure you have an overall skinny body profile – not just the legs, but the torso, shoulders and arms as well. Otherwise, you’ll have to settle for full-length pants.
• Never wear skinny jeans that exceed your ankles (except if you’re wearing platform shoes)
• Choose jeans with lower waistlines.
• Stop looking for jeans that will emphasize your butt.
• Light-colored jeans will accentuate your legs.
And while we’re on the subject of height, Capri pants and cargo pants compliment both short and long legs. Cargo pants, crinkle pants, carpenter pants, khakis and navy pants look better on skinny women who have height to show off. Denim pants, on the other hand, when worn by tall women, should instead go for flare or skinny instead of cropped. Pants for petites should be more tight-fitting than loose, to give an illusion of longer legs. Skinny cords, boot cords, denim trousers, and riding leggings are what we would recommend.
Pant colors are as important as the mixing elements: get the mixture right and you’ve got a solution; flunk the color combination and you’re a lab explosion waiting to happen. If you’re ditching out on the idea of denim pants and moving on to more colorful substitutes, here are some pointers to remember:
• Unless you’re walking the ramp, there’s no reason to go for a monotone color from head to toe.
• Highly-saturated pant colors are only hot during the summer. Otherwise, go for breezier colors.
• Leather pants have only one color: black. Otherwise, you’re to a rodeo.
• Be the judge of your own fashion. If the colors match, wear it; if they don’t, there’s always the denim pants lying around.
As a woman, you’re bound to do almost everything in life, meaning you should always keep a collection of different pants for different occasions in your closet space.
It would not be incorrect to say that women’s casual clothing is here to stay. It suits the fast paced and changing lifestyles of the 21st century women. Not only does it make her look and feel good, but the added comfort factor of casual wear allows her to do everything her hectic life demands. With formal dresses being restrictive to a large extent, clothing manufacturers have begun to offer a line of casual wear of all styles and at all price ranges to suit all kinds of women. Whether it is casual business wear or casual summer wear, there is something for everyone. In fact, clothing stores online, having recognized the demand for smart casuals are now offering the right flair and style in casual wear for the today’s versatile and multi-faceted woman.
A collection of casual wear will contain fashionable sweaters, leather and denim jackets, sensational skirts of silk, chiffon, velveteen and washed denim, alluring pants styled as cargo, utility, cropped and capris and shirts of chambray, silk and denim. Polish off any outfit with irresistible accessories including handcrafted belts, scarves, mittens, hats and more to make your ordinary casual dress a more chic one.
Casual shirts, long sleeve tees, cotton and silk blouses
This type of smart casuals best describe the feeling of laid back comfort, evoking a sense of natural relaxation. The materials can be cotton, flannel and silk and add flair and style to any wardrobe.
Hand knit sweaters, cardigans and pullovers
Find the causal wear look that’s just right for you with classic sweater designs, cardigans, turtlenecks, cable-knit sweaters, vests, pull-over hoods and more.
Skirts and dresses
Whatever the season, choosing the right skirt or dress is flattering on the female body. Comfortable and fashionable, you can choose from corduroy, denim, silk and twill skirts as well as intricately designed and embellished variety of casual summer dresses.
Pants are versatile and come in comfortable fabrics of denim, cotton, corduroy, velvet and silk in a range of styles including casual, capris, cargos and utility.
Casual outerwear comes in all kinds of styles and comfort wear making it easy for you to withstand the cold and the wind. A large variety of denim and leather jackets, suede coats and vests with wonderful details and varied textures make for stylish clothing. Hats, belts, and gloves accessorize and accentuate the smart casuals to look chic and hip.
Avril Lavigne is an American rock star. She owns the fashion line known as Abbey Dawn. This was a nickname that her dad gave to her when she was young. Avril thought the name was cool to use for her fashion line. She eventually launched it in 2008. The Abbey Dawn fashion line started out by making only clothes for girls. The footwear line got underway that same year and launched off in Germany. Some months after tt had a special showing in Las Vegas and has since evolved from a single pair of shoes to over 40 footwear styles for women alone.
The Abbey Dawn shoe wear is a reflection of who Avril really is. Avril claims to be a non-comformist who always wants to do things differently. Her first shoe designs were inspired from her own personal shoe collection that she randomly picked out from her wardrobe. However, since working with experienced professionals over the years, the brand has blossomed and gained more confidence to compete with more popular brands.
Avril Lavigne’s footwear collection is unique, rebellious and daring. They are meant to be worn by women with an eccentric fashion sense, who are looking to cause a commotion wherever they go. The Avril shoe collection is avaialble in feminine friendly colors like pink, purple, red, black and blue. Abbey Dawn shoes have always had a rock star vibe. This is why most of them have glittering spikes all over and are made in daring animal prints.
The Abbey Dawn footwear line for women comes in a mixed style of boots, sneakers, flip-flops, heels and ballet flats. Avril Lavinge admits an Asian influence on her shoes as well. She confesses that the unorthodx fashion style of Asian teenagers especially in Japan appeal greatly to her.
The Avril Lavigne collection is for women who want a racy look and are not shy when it comes to expressing themselves. The Ladies Black Star platform is a rock chic classic shoe that comes in a laced up boot. It has upper and lower straps from top to bottom. They are great for girls who want to add a little bit of height to their frame. There is also the Ladies Tough Crowd shoe which is a glittery platform with skulls imprinted on a black bow These shoes are great party poppers!
There are hordes of Abbey Dawn shoes every woman should strive to have and add to her collection. These shoes include, the Heartcore Ballerina Flat Shoes, Ladies MFB Leopard Prints, Ladies Rockstar Loafers, Ladies Tartan Flat Shoes, Starstruck T-Bar Platform Peep and the Ladies WTH Studded Deep Toe.
Have you started shopping for new chic apparel this season? Have you seen the flattering women’s casual clothing collections that can instantly make you want to grab the whole collection? Then you’re not alone. Women are sure to go gaga about this season’s colors, silhouettes and the lovely soft materials. The way the jackets, sweaters and wraps hugs the body is simply irresistible, the perfect cover when the chilly wind sets in.
Choosing clothing for women this fall is actually not as easy as it seems. First, the colors now are subdued, bordering on the neutrals and earth tones which can easily make the total look boring and uninteresting. Second, the silhouettes are relaxed so it helps if you have kept your body toned (just like last summer). Third, you can unwittingly overdose on accessories because you want to bring on color to your wardrobe. Fourth, boots can be expensive (at least the ones that you really like) so you are in a predicament of wearing only a few pairs for the whole season. The list can go on and on but the good news is, with affordable collections (try one like Elan International’s), you can easily fit in the season in high fashion.
One important thing to remember this fall is to stay focused on the overall look. Clothing for women in utilitarian pieces is essential. Because these days, more and more lead a busy lifestyle so they prefer flexible and chic women’s clothing pieces. It means work or day casual clothes that can extend up to the dinner date.
Therefore, investing in high quality pieces this fall is the way to go. Pick up something that can be combined in many ways with your classic pieces. White chic tops or tees will never go out of style but you can always add up a piece or two every season.
A wise fashion investment this fall would be in classic black, brown and gray. Good thing, cardigans, sweaters, wraps, jackets and any other forms of covering this fall have interesting shapes and shades. One of the standouts is a piece like long-sleeve ribbed cardigan sweater precisely because of its feminine shape despite being just straight and narrow. Made of soft material, it drapes the body in a refreshingly sexy way. To go with your cardigan are more new pieces in classic shapes, like a body-hugging top (preferably plain) and skinny pants or leggings in muted shades. And the boots, you can’t go wrong with it this season no matter how high it goes.
Cropped pants too are still in and can get a boost with sexy heels for occasions where you want to give your boots a respite. Clothing for women in flexible and easy to care for fabrics this fall is what clothing collections offer. Dreamy, deconstructed, narrow, short, sleeveless, ruffled and geometric cover-ups can easily meld even with your older but still fashionable pieces.
Layering and accessorizing are important this season too. Add a dash of bright accessory like a necklace or a bag to bring a smart casual get-up a different twist. It’s always nice to experiment with your looks. Don’t be afraid to mix and match your pieces this season because despite the toning down of colors, fall is a great time to show off your fashionable side.